Professional Dog Training Tips
- Get the dog to love you. All future training depends on this.
- Never chastise or scold him unnecessarily - only immediately after an accident. Never scold him if you are not sure the dog understood perfectly what was wanted of him. Deliberate disobedience must be instantly dealt with.
- Remember a dog cannot ask questions, neither can he understand what you say. (Just as you cannot understand most foreign languages.) Success of a trainer depends on being able to make a dog understand what he has to do and then to instill that into his brain until it becomes like an instinct.
- Always use kindness unless you are sure that by being unkind for a very short period you will save the dog prolonged unkindness at a later state. Be decisive, firm and most important of all, be sure that you know exactly what you want and how it should be done.
- Never try and teach a dog anything until you yourself have a thorough knowledge of how to teach it and a clear mental picture of the outcome. Above all, never attempt anything if you have the slightest fear of getting lost.
'#A Trained Dog is A Happy Dog '
For more training tips or unanswered questions please call or contact
The K-9 Handler® LLC
"We bought a puppy! It was only exciting until we got home and realized how much work was involved. We contacted Ira and he was quick to respond, friendly, and came over promptly. We are only one lesson into our training and already see a marked improvement! Ira is so patient with us and our rambunctious puppy. I look forward to his continued guidance and skill turning our Tasmanian devil into a good canine citizen." Amy J. - Henderson NV